I made this cake two layers for pictures. Because I did that, the recipe below is doubled for two layers. If you want to make a one-layer cake, just half all of the ingredients and the net carbs. You can substitute the golden monk fruit sweetener and erythritol for one of your choice, but be sure to reference a conversion chart. If you decide to experiment and change up the recipe, let me know what you tried, and how it turned out!
Entire batch = 91.6g net carbs
Cut into 12 slices, each slice = 7.63g net carbs
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups grated carrot (about 4 large carrots)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup granular golden monk fruit sweetener
- ½ cup water
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. imitation vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 16 oz. softened cream cheese
- ½ cup melted butter
- 6 Tbsp. powdered erythritol sweetener
- 1 tsp. imitation vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and grease two 9″ round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, golden monk fruit sweetener, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt). Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into bowl (eggs, carrot, olive oil, water, imitation vanilla extract). Mix well.
- Pour half of batter into each cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes and let cool completely. (The cake will flatten).
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and imitation vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Slowly add powdered erythritol while mixing.
- Spread frosting onto cooled cake.