We’ve all had cheesecake. And since cream cheese is low-carb already, we’ve probably all had keto cheesecake as well. With this recipe, I wanted to add a new flavor to the cheesecake: peanut butter! Not only that, most of the pie crust recipes out there are doughy… for things like apple pie or cherry pie. The pie crust I’ve created is more crumbly and sweet like crumbled graham crackers would be. You can substitute the monk fruit sweetener for one of your choice, but be sure to reference a conversion chart. If you decide to experiment and change up the recipe, let me know what you tried, and how it turned out!
Entire cake = 85.9g net carbs
Cut into 12 slices, each slice = 7.16g net carbs
(You can half the Filling ingredients if you are budgeting less for carbs)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. imitation vanilla extract
- 32 oz. softened cream cheese
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- ½ cup powdered peanut butter
- 1 tsp. imitation vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease bottom of a 10″ round cake pan. (For a better presentation, use a springform cake pan).
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, monk fruit sweetener, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add egg, melted butter, and imitation vanilla extract to mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Spread evenly at bottom of cake pan.
- Bake until golden brown (about 13 minutes), and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Grease sides of cake pan.
- Spread evenly on top of crust.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.