I made this cake two layers for pictures. Because I did that, the recipe below is doubled for two layers. If you want to make a one-layer cake, just half all of the ingredients and the net carbs. You can substitute the monk fruit sweetener and erythritol for one of your choice, but be sure to reference a conversion chart. If you decide to experiment and change up the recipe, let me know what you tried, and how it turned out!
Entire batch = 68g net carbs
Cut into 12 slices, each slice = 5.67g net carbs
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup granular monk fruit sweetener
- ½ cup dutch-process cocoa powder
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. imitation vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 Tbsp. sugar free chocolate chips (optional)
- 16 oz. softened cream cheese
- ½ cup melted butter
- 6-10 Tbsp. powdered erythritol sweetener
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 2 tsp. hot water
- 1 tsp. imitation vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and grease two 9″ round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, monk fruit sweetener, dutch-process cocoa powder, baking soda, sea salt). Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into bowl (eggs, vegetable oil, water, imitation vanilla extract). Mix well.
- Add in sugar free chocolate chips. (Optional).
- Pour half of batter into each cake pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes and let cool completely. (The cake will flatten).
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and imitation vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a small cup, combine instant coffee and hot water. Add into bowl.
- Slowly add powdered erythritol while mixing. (This amount will depend on how sweet you would like the coffee taste to be).
- Spread frosting onto cooled cake.